It all starts in 1867 with Jean Tobler in Bern.
At the beginning he manufactures chocolates that from demi-products he buys from other known manufacturers. Its production begins to be very requested and in 1899 it creates the chocolate factory Berne, Tobler & Cie.
In 1908, Theodor Tobler (son of Jean Tobler) and Emil Baumann (responsible for the production and cousin of T. Tobler) created chocolate with its triangular shape et son logo typique.
Thus TOBLERONE becomes Swiss chocolate par excellence. «TOBLERONE» is a name composed of the surname «Tobler» and «Torrone» by nougat with honey and amandas in Italian language.
In 1970 the Mount "Le cervin" appears in the package.